Orlando Business Valuations
What is my business worth?
Pricing a business correctly, in Florida or anywhere else, is vital to the selling process. An overpriced business will not draw the attention of real buyers. An under-priced business will create doubt in the mind of the buyers as to the validity of the business.
There is no one simple objective method in determining the value of a business. Appraisal is not a science it is an art that takes years to develop.
The valuation is by nature subjective. The appraiser uses the current and historical information. Then assesses the business, the industry and any relevant information that may impact the valuation.
The following is taken from Revenue Ruling 59-60, 1959-1 CB 237—IRC Sec. 2031 Sec. 3.01 Approach to Valuation.
<< Continue column right >>
- To break it down simply a business sells in an "arms length transaction" between a willing seller and a motivated buyer what the buyer is willing to give and the seller is willing to accept.
- When statistically relevant numbers of sold comparables are available we can compare your business to the sold businesses to get a reliable estimate of the fair business valuation.
- Bateson Business Brokerage through its association with other business brokers and appraisers has proprietary database information for sold businesses. We are contributors to the sold databases and because we contribute, we have full access rights.
- We also use standard valuation procedures that assess the risks involved and the amount of risk a motivated buyer will accept. And we always use the common sense approach "does the business cash flow after buyer needs and debt service".
- Why would a sophisticated buyer pay more, and why would you want the buyer to fail.
- Bateson Business Brokerage offers our basic valuation services free of charge to serious sellers that believe it is time to market their business and use the services Bateson Business Brokerage has to offer.
- We charge a competitive rate for valuations> of companies for purposes other than the sale of the business, however, there is no charge for consultation.
Don't wait too long to sell.
If you lose interest, energy, focus or drive so will the business. Decline is inevitable.
New ownership revitalizes the company with new interest, energy, focus and drive.
Some business owners do not believe their business has value, and have never consulted with a business broker.
When they want to retire they make the mistake of letting their business run down and close the doors. They have not only lost the cash value, but have let a business die that could have thrived again.
Orlando Business Valuations by Bateson Business Brokerage
Finance a Business Purchase
Orlando Business Sellers
Florida Business Regulation