Bateson Business Broker Bios / Our Team!
Central Florida Business Broker - Owner / Principle Broker
Brian Bateson - Working broker, business appraiser, intermediary and coordinator
Brian Bateson graduated from the University of Iowa in 1976. He is a proud father and grandfather. After college, he worked as a biology research assistant in Guanacaste, Costa Rica under a National Science Foundation Grant.
Following the end of the Grant, Brian chose a career in Medical Sales. Over his twenty-year career, in medical capital equipment sales, he earned numerous awards and was the number one sales representative for a major ultrasound imaging manufacturer. In his final employment he was in charge of international marketing and joint ventures, human resources, company stock liaison, environmental compliance manager, and on the EPA Board for regulation of Pyrolysis.
He became interested in Business Brokerage after thoroughly researching the opportunities and began practicing in June 1997. He received his Broker's license in 1999 and soon formed his own corporation. During his lifetime, he has had considerable training in interpersonal relationships and business negotiations, the skills that are a perfect fit for business brokerage. He has been trained as a machinist, private investigator, pilot, scuba diver, sculptor, businessman and enjoys all sports. Working in the diverse field of business brokerage allows him to utilize his skills to build harmonious buyer/seller working relationships.
- 1997-Florida Licensed Real Estate Associate
- 1997-Present Business Broker
- 1999-Florida Licensed Real Estate Broker
- 1999-Formed Bateson Business Brokerage, Inc.
- 2000-2002 Treasurer Central Florida Region of the Florida Business Brokers Association (FBBA)
- 2001 Awarded Certified Florida Business Intermediary by the FBBA
- 2002-2003 President Central Florida Region of the FBBA
- 2002-2008 Member of the International Business Brokers Association, IBBA
- 2003 Member of the Business Brokers of Florida, BBF
- 2003 Awarded designation of Board Certified Intermediary, BCI, by the BBF
- 2004 Member of the Institute of Business Appraisers, IBA
- 2005 Course 8001B “Mastering Appraisal Skills for Valuing Closely Held Business” IBA
- 2005 Course 1010 “Report Writing and Analysis” IBA
- 2007-2008 Vice President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2009 2014 President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2007 to 2017 State Board Member: Business Brokers of Florida (BBF)
- 2015-2017 Vice President Business Brokers of Florida
- 2018 Awarded Lifetime Honorary Member of the Business Brokers of Florida
Bateson Business Brokerage - Associates
Brea Reger Orlando Business Broker Associate and Brokerage Manager
Brea Reger graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2002 with a B.S. Degree in Health Sciences, Psychology and Education. She was the Human Resource Director for a marketing firm from 2002-2008, a gymnastics coach for fifteen years and a teacher for Seminole County for three years.
Ms. Reger obtained her Florida Realtor Associate License in 2013 and then earned her Florida Broker's License in 2017. Brea is the manager for Bateson Business Brokerage, Inc.
Brea has competed in diving and gymnastics and qualified for the 1996 Pan Am Games in diving. She is happily married, has five beautiful children and is guardian of a sixth. Brea Reger is highly motivated and a fantastic multitasker.
Member of the Million Dollar Plus Awards for business sales.
Brad Carpenter Business Broker Associate
Brad Carpenter is an experienced financial executive from the banking industry that brings value as a guide to both Buyers and Sellers of businesses. His broad experience in originating over $2 Billion in loan extensions to business owners offers a strong skill set including marketing, underwriting and credit knowledge that allows for a smooth transition. He most recently worked at Wells Fargo for over 18 years as a trusted senior banking advisor. In the Central Florida region, Brad has prominent relationship management experience that spans 30 years. He is dedicated to achieve clients' results by working tirelessly to succeed for both Buyers and Sellers.
Brad holds a BS degree in Civil Engineering from University of Virginia and a MBA from University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill. Additionally, he is recognized as a Certified Concrete Technologist- National Ready Mix Association.
Over his career, Brad has served on Advisory/Civic Boards along with various Associations including:
- Central Florida Commercial Association of Realtors - Executive Board
- NAIOP Central Florida Chapter - Advisory Board member and Treasurer
- NAIOP- Florida - Treasurer and State Board member representing Central Florida
- Homebuilders Association of Central Florida - Development Council Member
- Orlando Economic Development Commission
- Leadership Orlando Graduate - Orlando Chamber of Commerce
- Associated Builder and Contractors of Central Florida
- National Sales Leader - Pittsburgh Corning Corporation
- Corporate Presidents Club and Relationship Manager of the Year - Barnett Bank, N.A.
- National Deposit Leader - Wachovia Bank, N.A
- Relationship Management Award Winner- Homebuilder Division - Wells Fargo, N.A.
Leora Poplawsky - Associate Intermediary & Consultant Multi-Lingual (5 languages)
Leora Poplawsky has extensive experience in all aspects of business. She holds degrees in Economics and Business. Her professional career includes Comptroller of 12 construction companies in Mexico City, and CFO of a multinational agribusiness based in Central Florida.
Ms. Poplawsky has been a Business Broker for many years. She has been successful in structuring many transactions and was awarded as the State's top producer. Her training and hands-on experience in business gives her a unique perspective in identifying excellent opportunities for business buyers.
Leora is multi-cultural and speaks five languages. She has strong family values and an impressive record of community service. As a testimony to her contributions to the Seminole County Schools, she was recognized as a life-time member of the Florida PTA. Leora brings to our profession the highest level of integrity and honesty.
Noel Calas - Asssociate Intermediary, Consultant Bi-Lingual in English & Spanish
Noel H. Calas started his professional career in 1975. A graduate from Florida State University, he earned a degree in Advertising / Public Relations, and a Masters in Marketing.
In his 30 thirty in the corporate world, Mr. Calas has held positions from Marketing Representative to Executive Vice President in the banking, construction and information technology industries. Mr. Calas retired after 20+ years as Vice President of an information technology organization in which he helped grow from $27 million to over $350 million, before going public.
Over the years, Mr. Calas has owned several businesses, some that he started, others he purchased, developed and subsequently sold.
During his career as a business broker he has been a Million Dollar Plus Award winner..
- Million Dollar Plus Award; 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016
- Florida Small Business Development Council (SBDC); Advisory Board Member
Blake Bateson - Associate, Intermediary & Consultant
Blake R. Bateson Will be dearly missed at the Bateson Brokerage, a beloved son and valued team member.
Blake became a business broker in 2007 and was awarded a Plaque for Recognition of Outstanding Business Sales for 2008, his first full year. He had considerable sales experience, and was an avid researcher. He volunteered his free time to coach little league wrestling.